Re: gEDA-user: Newbiw...with a question *shocker*

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Lombardi, Robert <rlombardi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello All

I am new to the gEDA suite of tools.

I've managed to create a simple double-sided PCB shich i am expecting
from PCBExpress today!

Currently, I am in the middle of the layout of my second, and I have a
question regarding placing components.

The situation is thus:  I have 200 SMT LED's that i have to place in a
grid pattern.

Rather than placing these things one by one i was wondering if there
might be a way to automate the process using the Command Entry line?

I was thinking some kind of a batch file using "Select(ElementByName,
D1) and then a "MoveObject(x,y)".

I have a couple of scripts that I use for this purpose. I have used both to create
LED matrices.

Checkout pcb-place at ---
http://www.luciani.org/not-quite-ready/not-quite-ready-index.html

and sch-matrix/pcb-matrix at