Re: gEDA-user: Howto not rotate text

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 11:21 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:41:41 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> > For gschem, you might want to take a look at Carlos's attribute
> > auto-place work. This _WILL NOT_ preserve existing attribute placement
> > when you alter components, since it is quite difficult to figure out how
> > to place the same text after rotating a component.
>
> Strange. I'd expect it to be trivial to keep the rotation unchanged.

Trivial to keep rotation unchanged, but your attachment coordinate might
need to change, otherwise the text may now overlap the rotated
component. This would be especially likely if there were two attributes
near each-other. The rotation code would have to be more intelligent
about moving blocks of text together, meaning it must move them relative
to the component as it rotates.

> > Attributes are
> > positioned according to rules defined in
> > $PREFIX/share/gEDA/scheme/default-attrib-positions.scm
>
> Ok. I will try to tweak the rules according to my preferences.
>
> Any hints for pcb?

No idea, sorry.

I guess allowing rotating / moving completely independently of attribute
text might be one way around the problems. (PCB has less problem
already, since it only has one legend text per component).

Best wishes,
--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,