Re: gEDA-user: neck-down example

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 12:22:52PM +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 22:10 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>
> I was also thinking of migration between track sizes like the attached.
>
> (Your example with the vias and two arcs removed).

DJ does everything with arcs.  ;-)  If you want a leg up on the math for
this, look at my jostle plugin.  It does all the math to find a trapezoid
that goes around an arbitrary polygon.  If you knew the neck-down size,
you could take the narrow line and offset it to the edge of the fat line
(sort of like DJ's offset narrow arc) and run it through the jostle code
to find the set of 3 new lines that go around the via but maintain
clearance.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>