Re: gEDA-user: PCB Drills

Rob Butts wrote:
>    Does anyone have a good source for drill bits that you don't have to
>    have a tunnel to Fort Knox?  I need sizes .020, .025, .030...
>

>    I'm heading out so I won't get a chance to check back till later.

See  ebay Item number: 250435696224	Starting bid:	US $3.00 Item location:	Bellingham, WA, United States
History:	0 bids    Shipping:	US $4.90  (to TX)

for a lot of many dentist drills of the old fashioned size.  They work fine drilling PCBs.
Not brittle like carbide, but tough enough
and you'd get a bunch of them...  only hassle is measuring the with a micrometer to tell diameter
of hole they will make.   With these, if your drill has runout the hole will be bigger also.

The shaft is not the usual 1/8 inch but a dremel chuck that is smaller about 1/16 inch dia. will clamp them.

John Griessen