Re: gEDA-user: "Inherited" attributes view in gschem

Michael Sokolov wrote:
> Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Given a blank canvas, my personal preference would be that as an
>> internal representation, attributes are simply name=value pairs without
>> any coordinates or other graphical representation.
>>
>> The text you see on the schematic would be an entity without its own
>> text, but instead reference the logical attribute.
>
> This is exactly what I have implemented in uEDA/uschem.
>
> MS

It is also how at least one commercial EDA tool works.  The symbols let
you put down placeholders for where text can be displayed and then you
define what shows up there in different settings.  For example, you
might display length and width of a MOS transistor or in a simulation
display transconductance and drain current.

-Dan