gEDA-user: gschem's new pretty menus

Hi guys,

gschem just got new pretty menus (with some icons). I'd appreciate
people with different GTK+ versions checking that they work, since I've
only had a chance to test with GTK 2.16. (Specifically whether you see
the accelerator text on the right hand side of the menu).

My previous implementation worked with GTK 2.14, but broke displaying
accelerators with 2.16 - so I've had to alter it slightly. I'd
appreciate knowing if it works with 2.8 through 2.14. If anyone happens
to have those versions on their boxes, and can report back, I'd
appreciate it.

I've shuffled / renamed a few menu items in the File / Edit / Page
menus, to feel more consistent with the rest of a GTK / Gnome desktop.
The only multi-key short-cuts which have changed are:

vd -> View dark colour scheme (previous unused)
vl -> View light colour scheme (previous an alias for zoom extents)

There are also now underlined single-key accelerators which work within
the menus. (Our multi-key accelerators don't work from within the popup
menus because the menu has a key-grab). This ought to help menu
navigation for keyboard users (once a given menu is brought up).

Obligatory screen-shot:

http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/screenshots/gschem_menus.png

--
Peter Clifton