gEDA-user: Changing grids in pcb

Hi.
I am not quite happy with the way different grid sizes are chosen in pcb.
It comes down to two issues:

1) key accels depend on the current metric/imperial setting. Why is this
so? With metric units I have to add the CTRL key to the accels for
imperial. To decrement a metric grid amounts to a three finger trick:
[CTRL-SHIFT-g]. This is a pain for such an often used feature.

2) The decrement/increment is fixed along the whole range of possible
sizes. However, sensible grid sizes are more like 0.1 mm, 0.25mm, 0.5mm,
1mm, 2.5mm, 5mm, 10mm. This way, it takes much less effort to change from
0.25mm to 5mm. By the way, the GTK-GUI contains a field to set the grid
increment that doesn't work. Grid increment is 0.05mm, no matter what.

There is this minor twitch: If the setting is metric on start-up, the
grid increments by imperial amounts. Yet, they are reported in metric
units.

Suggestions:

a) The same grid accels, for metric and for imperial units.

b) A configurable list of grid values rather than a fixed increment.

c) Grid and display units should be set independently. That is, it should
be possible to work with an imperial grid while display units are metric.

Any comments?
Would it be hard to implement this?

---<(kaimartin>)---
--