Re: gEDA-user: import schematics with local footprints

DJ Delorie wrote:

> I looked into the code; if you set the newlib library it should
> override the default one, not append to it.  Check the following locations:
>
> ~/.pcb/settings  (look for lib-newlib)
> ~/.pcb/preferences (library-newlib)

kmk@kwak:~/.pcb$ grep newlib *
preferences:library-newlib = ~/geda/footprints:./footprints:.

> If that doesn't help,

It doesn't. In addition to my footprints I get the default libs in the chooser
dialog.

> add '#define DEBUG 1' to src/file.c and rebuild.

The recompiled binary reports the following lines on load:

$ pcb-head driver-in_proto.pcb
In ReadLibraryContents, about to execute command
/usr/local/bin/../share/pcb/ListLibraryContents.sh '.:/usr/local/bin/../share/pcb' 'pcblib'
In ParseLibraryTree, looking for newlib footprints inside top level directory
/usr/local/share/pcb/newlib ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry . ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry .. ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry 2_pin_thru-hole_packages ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry analog-devices ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry burr-brown ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry connectors ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry crystal ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry electro-optics ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry headers ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry msp430 ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry not_vetted_ingo ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry sockets ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry tests ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry keystone ...
In ParseLibraryTree, looking for newlib footprints inside top level directory
/usr/local/share/pcb/pcblib-newlib ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry . ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry .. ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry gtag ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry minicircuits ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry amphenol ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry connector ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry crystal ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry generic ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry johnstech ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry optical ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry pci ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry amp ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry bourns ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry cts ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry geda ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry panasonic ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry index.html ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry broken.html ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry optek ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry nichicon ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry candk ...
In ParseLibraryTree, looking for newlib footprints inside top level directory
/home/kmk/IQO/Projekte/Stromverteiler ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry supply.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry science-monitor.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry timer_proto.net ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry stromverteiler.cmd ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry print ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry szenarien_proto.cmd ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry documentation ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry timer_proto.g2p ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry monitor-supply.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry stromverteiler.g2p ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry D-NFET.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry stromverteiler.pcb ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry driver-in_proto.pcb- ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry science.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry science-monitor.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry timer.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry driver-in_proto.new.pcb ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry szenarien_proto.net ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry szenarien_proto.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry PCB.00011524.save ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry monitor-supply.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry simulation ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry makingof ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry driver-in_proto.cmd ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry drivers-in.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry driver-in_proto.net ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry gafrc ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry szenarien_proto.pcb ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry timer_proto.cmd ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry base.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry base.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry meso-monitor.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry meso.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry timer_proto.pcb ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry timer_all.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry .git ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry science.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry current-surveilance.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry meso.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry drivers-in.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry stats.txt ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry driver-in_proto.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry .gitignore ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry driver-in.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry szenarien_proto.g2p ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry D-NFET.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry halde ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry timer.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry stromverteiler.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry supply.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry current-surveilance.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry driver-in_proto.g2p ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry .. ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry D-PFET.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry timer_proto.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry D-PFET.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry protoscript.sh ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry base-monitor.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry meso-monitor.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry blockschaltbild.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry driver-in.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry stromverteiler.new.pcb ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry base-monitor.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry Bremen ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry driver-in_proto.pcb ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry stromverteiler.net ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry . ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry stromverteiler.pcb_backup ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry timer_all.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry stromverteiler.pcb.bak ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry stromverteiler.sym ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry timer_proto.new.pcb ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry monitor.sch ...
In ParseLibraryTree, looking for newlib footprints inside top level directory
/home/kmk/lilalaser/geda/gedasymbols/www/user/kai_martin_knaak/footprints ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry characters ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry connector ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry specific ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry holes ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry misc ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry discrete ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry switch ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry generic ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry gschem.log ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry mechanical ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry .. ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry footprint_template.pcb ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry . ...
In ParseLibraryTree loop examining 2nd level direntry CVS ...
Leaving ParseLibraryTree, found 1421 footprints.

---> I did an "import_schematics" here

Possible attribute conflict for refdes: DDDU2
name: value
values: (DG468 #f)
Possible attribute conflict for refdes: DDDU2
name: footprint
values: (TSOP6 #f)
Possible attribute conflict for refdes: DDDU2
name: device
values: (analog_switch analog_switch_TSOP6_pwr)
Possible attribute conflict for refdes: DDDU1
name: value
values: (TS393 #f #f)
Possible attribute conflict for refdes: DDDU1
name: footprint
values: (SO8 #f #f)

---> When in doubt, the importer chose the footprint from the default lib.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx