Re: gEDA-user: Water proof panel connectors

Looking at connectors for this in the past has lead me to circular connectors.  A search on digikey brings up a selection matrix including ingress protection.

If your going to be connecting and disconnecting this alot, look into push pull circular connectors.

Lemo makes really nice ones.  www.lemo.com

As for ratings. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

IP65 should be enough even IP54

And you might want to take your wheelchair and make it into a scuba submersible too!  Then you might wand really good underwater connectors.  :-)

Steve