Re: gEDA-user: gEDA file format - couple of questions on attributes.

> > However, I strongly recommend that you only use attribute names that
> > match:
>
> Confinement to ascii chars prevents proper spelling of non-english
> words. What is the rationale to this restriction? IIRC, the glibc
> string operations are TTF8 aware. Rather than restrict the input to
> a smallish subset, the code should deal gracefully with as much of
> UTF8 as possible.

We're not talking about attribute values or plain text strings.  We're
talking about attribute *names* - things that other bits of software
need to use as keys for understanding what the values are for.  Since
they're mostly for other programs to read, a bit more restriction is
appropriate.