gEDA-user: Open GL

I'm having trouble building the latest PCB from git on the Mac (10.6.8), here is the output from the build:

checking If the compiler accepts -rdynamic... yes
checking ./src/hid/batch/hid.conf
checking ./src/hid/bom/hid.conf
checking ./src/hid/gcode/hid.conf
checking ./src/hid/gerber/hid.conf
checking ./src/hid/gtk/hid.conf
checking ./src/hid/lesstif/hid.conf
checking ./src/hid/lpr/hid.conf
checking ./src/hid/nelma/hid.conf
checking ./src/hid/png/hid.conf
checking ./src/hid/ps/hid.conf
checking for which gui to use... gtk
checking whether to enable toporouter... yes
checking whether to enable toporouter output... no
checking for pkg-config... /opt/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for whether to use DBUS... yes
checking for DBUS... yes
checking for dbus_watch_get_unix_fd... yes
checking for whether to use GL drawing... yes
checking GL/gl.h usability... no
checking GL/gl.h presence... no
checking for GL/gl.h... no
configure: error: You don't seem to have the GL library headers installed.

It seems that it things that there are GL librarys, but they are built in on the Mac.
I found this with Google:

Porting to/from OS X

OpenGL == cross-platform, right? Almost. Porting an existing OpenGL application to or from OS X is largely a matter of headers (I think...). For some unknown reason, OS X puts the headers in a different location in the include path than Windows and Linux (and probably a bunch of other *n?x OSes). Here's the skinny:

Header Description				Mac OS X				The Rest of the World
GL - OpenGL Base				#include <OpenGL/gl.h>		#include <GL/gl.h>
GLU - OpenGL Utility			#include <OpenGL/glu.h>	#include <GL/glu.h>
GLUT - OpenGL Utility Toolkit		#include <GLUT/glut.h>		#include <GL/glut.h>

The question is how do I get the configure to find these includes when they have different names?

TIA
Ed