gEDA-user: Icarus Verilog: Support for Xilinx Virtex Devices

[ Ales here, I'm reposting this since majordomo didn't recognize the
  e-mail as being subscribed to the geda-dev mailinglist. ]

-- Cut here --
From: Terry Barnaby <terry@beam.demon.co.uk>
Hi,

How well developed is the support for Xilinx Virtex devices in Icarus
Verilog ?

I have been trying to build a simple module using Icarus Verilog and the

Xilinx Foundation 2.1tools for a v400bg560-6, under Linux, but have not
been
having much success. Perhaps someone could help ?

I am having problems with constraining module ports to pins. I have a
simple
main module that uses another Adder module.

module main(clk);
input clk;

wire clk;
reg a;
reg b;
wire r;

Adder adder(clk, r, 1, b);

$attribute(clk, "PAD", "17");
//$attribute(r, "PAD", "L31");
endmodule

First problem is that normally in a Foundation 2.i constraint file I
would use the pin
named L17, however Icarus Verilog seems to only take a number and in the
output
EDF file prepends a "P" to the number.

Second if I use just a number, as in the above code, I get an error
durring the map
phase:

ERROR:basmm:172 - Bad format for LOC constraint P17 on U1PAD. To bypass
this
   error set the environment variable 'XIL_MAP_LOCWARN'.

I use the commands:

iverilog -tfpga -parch=virtex -o test1.edf test1.v
edif2ngd -p v400-6-bg560 test1.edf test1.ngo
ngdbuild -p v400-6-bg560 test1.ngo test1.ngd
map -o test1_map.ncd test1.ngd

Any ideas ?

Terry

----
  Dr Terry Barnaby                     BEAM Ltd
  Phone: +44 1454 324512               Northavon Business Center, Dean Rd
  Fax:   +44 1454 313172               Yate, Bristol, BS37 5NH, UK
  Email: terry@beam.demon.co.uk        Web: www.beam.demon.co.uk
  BEAM for: Visually Impaired X-Terminals, Parallel Processing, Software Dev
                         "Tandems are twice the fun !"