Re: gEDA-user: needed help on geda!!

On March 28, ronchua@gmx.de wrote:
> I'm sorry I bother you with this, but i can't install your geda because the
> makefile tells me that I haven't installed guile.
>
> But I got Guile 1.4 on my Mandrake 8.1 system.
>
> More exactly, the Makefile doesn't find guile-config, And i made a search
> myself with "slocate", and me too I haven't found it.

  If you've got Guile installed, guile-config should be there
somewhere...On my SGI running IRIX, it lives in /usr/local/bin; I'm
not sure where it'd be on a Linux system.  I'm unfamiliar with
slocate; I'd run "find / -name guile-config" to see if it exists
somewhere in your filesystems.

  If guile-config doesn't turn up anywhere...would reinstalling Guile be
a pain for you?

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar