gEDA-user: Re: the system-*rc files and the ones in~/.gEDA

How about No. 3 but with a deadline to drop all the other files by 2006?   The deadline
would not be much more to ask, since to use the central file still requires the
cooperation of all the authors of the separate files...  They would have to agree to put a few lines in
that read the central common-path-information file.   I think the central file should start out
only for path-to-libraries info.   in 2005 it could start to include other user specified details of the various
"and friends" programs in sections with headers and explanations.

One obvious benefit is that we would only have to put in boilerplate like the GNU
license once!   Right after each section heading would come the juicy details of
how one can customize apps.

John G

--
John Griessen    Cibolo Design       Austin Texas    , linux counter #249315