Re: gEDA-user: PCB Gtk port

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 12:10:12PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > It wasn't long ago that I could still count on new software to run
> > nicely on 40mhz machines,
>
> I do a lot of my PCB development (i.e. work on pcb itself, not board
> layout) on my 266MHz laptop.  You learn to write efficient code that
> way ;-)

I try to keep my stuff snappy on the slowest machines possible.  I still
routinely work on 270mhz (Sun U5) and 180mhz (SGI O2) machines.

I'm sad that I don't work on 40mhz or 80mhz machines much anymore.  Most
went into storage when I got married.  Even my Palm now runs at over
200mhz (can't say that it does things any better for me than the old
16mhz one did though, although LispMe is a bit faster).  I have a 75mhz
machine running at home, but as it serves and houses important data I'm
hesitant to tinker with it.

I really want to get one or more such machines going again, but I can't
seem to find much space for setting up aditional consoles.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd@xxxxxxxxxx