Re: gEDA-user: trying to build latest geda

Hi,

>What am I doing wrong? I have this script:

[snip script/setup that looks fine]

>pkg-config search path.
>Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgeda.pc'
>to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>No package 'libgeda' found
>configure: error: Cannot find libgeda (or libgeda.pc), please install
>libgeda
>make: *** [gschem/config.h] Error 1
>[root@server src]#

On the command line (after setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH) can you run:

	pkg-config libgeda --modversion
	pkg-config libgeda --cflags
	pkg-config libgeda --libs
	pkg-config libgeda --debug

Please send me the output from above, libgeda/config.log, and
gschem/config.log as well as the output from:

ls -l /usr/local/geda/lib/pkgconfig
ls -l /lib/pkgconfig		       (just for curiosity; shouldn't exist)

Also, the full capture output from doing ./configure in libgeda and gschem.

Out of curiosity, are you running the make install as root?

Thanks.

								-Ales