Re: gEDA-user: Footprints in PCB

Chris,

   The capacitors have both the pin spacing/diameter name and  the
part value/voltage
name. For example the symbol

     cap-elec-Nichicon-VR--D10.00-P5.00-mm (10mm body diameter, 5mm pin spacing)
is symlinked to cap-elec-0C1uF-100V-Nichicon-UVR2A0R1MDx (0.1uF, 100V).

There is only one footprint generated. When you untar the symbols you
will see the symlinks.
Use either one. I wanted to be able to choose the footprint either by
physical specs or by manufacturer part number. As you stated I want to
be able to pick a mfg/mfg pn in my
schematic and have the footprint match.

I am in the process of organizing the footprint displays so that each
shared footprint
is displayed once. I will build a table of manufacturer part numbers
that share each
footprint. I am also working on scaling the GIF files by part group
and displaying
mechanical specifications for each footprint. The current GIF display
is my first
brute force attempt.

Sorry about the Mill-max parts. I just created those files a couple
days ago and must
of messed up on the upload. I will try to get that fixed today.

(* jcl *)