Re: gEDA-user: Re: Flame about XML (was: Some footprints I tried to create)

Dave McGuire <mcguire@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I remember "back in the good old days" when it was considered a
> good thing to be self-sufficient. ;)

I believe in that too and I do strive to be self-sufficient whenever I
reasonably can.  If I didn't strive to be self-sufficient, I wouldn't be
maintaining my own operating system and underlying HW platform, and most
pertintent of all to the present discussion, if I didn't strive to be
self-sufficient to some serious extremes, I most certainly wouldn't be
building my own SDSL CPE, I would just use the ISP-provided router, so
there would be no PCB for me to lay out in the first place.

But unfortunately I can only take it so far.  I have a very busy life
with gazillion things competing for my time and attention, and learning
the art of PCB layout, as interesting as it would be I'm sure, is
unfortunately more than I can take upon myself at the present time.

MS