gEDA-user: gschem start fails

Hello,

some weeks ago I installed gEDA 1.4 shipped with Gentoo-Linux (AMD64).

gschen was working fine.

Now I cant start gschem any more.

Trying to start from Bash shell pops up a window, which immediately
closes again. There is no message concerning the problem in gschem.log.
I tried option -v, but this makes no difference. I have removed .gEDA/
-- no difference. I have used Gentoo's "revdep-rebuild" command to check
for library inconsistency -- no success.

I guess that complete reinstall of gEDA will fix the problem, but before
I will try to find the reason for the bug.

I do not know much about gdb...

Tried "gdb gschem" which gives this output:

stefan@AMD64-X2 ~ $ gdb gschem
GNU gdb 6.7.1
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show
copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"...
(no debugging symbols found)
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/gschem
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
gEDA/gschem Version 1.4.0.20080127
gEDA/gschem kommt OHNE JEGLICHE GARANTIE. Bitte lies die Datei COPYING
fürnähere Informationen.
Dies ist Freie Software. Sie darf gerne weitergegeben werden. Bitte lies
die
Lizenzbestimmungen in der Datei COPYING für nähere Informationen.

(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---

0x00002b8467b7f356 in g_make_page_smob () from /usr/lib/libgeda.so.33
(gdb)