Re: gEDA-user: No component found message.

On Sat, 2008-03-08 at 10:17 -0800, Ravith Botejue wrote:
> Hello Peter, and others
>
> I installed it using the .deb packages. I thought that might be the
> problem, and tried completely removing and installing the symbols
> again, but it didn't work.

Interesting..
What distribution do you use, and how did you get the .deb packages?

What is the output of the command:

dpkg-query -l "*geda*"

(I'm wondering about version mis-matches)

The .deb package libgeda-common might be important.

You may need to check:
/etc/gEDA/system-gafrc

Is similar to that which would be installed by the libgeda-common
package. If you have local modifications, it is important that they are
merged with any new stuff. 1.4.0 loads component libraries via a change
made in this file, and whilst this change isn't in 1.2.1, if your config
file remains from an older gEDA version, there could be
incompatibilities.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,