gEDA-user: gschem light background

Hello,

I want to have a light background in gschem and in the user guide I
found how to do it: in ~/gschemrc. But this doesn't work, I do not get
a light background, and gschem complains about the syntax in gschemrc:

[ibook1-thuis-vandenzen-nl:~] carl% cat gschemrc
; Load up a color scheme
(load (string-append gedadatarc "/gschem-lightbg")) ; light background
[ibook1-thuis-vandenzen-nl:~] carl% gschem
gEDA/gschem version 1.2.1.20071231
gEDA/gschem comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more
details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

Probably parenthesis mismatch in /Users/carl/gschemrc
Most recently read form: (#@load (#@string-append gedadatarc
/gschem-lightbg))
[ibook1-thuis-vandenzen-nl:~] carl%

What is the right syntax?