Re: gEDA-user: gedasymbols.org down

John Griessen <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> John Griessen wrote:
>> Bob Paddock wrote:
>

> I added an A record for DNS and the gedasymbols.org mirror in CA
>  responds briskly now from TX where I have nameservers at my virtual host
> company on my list.
>
> Add these if you want ot use gedasymbols.org right away:
> nameservers are:
> ns1.quantact.com (76.191.252.151)
> ns2.quantact.com (64.151.119.219)
>

> When DJ's machine comes back I'll need to delete that A record
> since it's really his domain to serve DNS about.

Just as a sidenote: a setup with secondary nameservers might also be
appropriate. That way even if the master nameserver goes down the zone
will be served by the secondaries (for a limited amount of time IIRC).
Doesn't help though when all A records point to offline servers...

Just my 2 cents,
Florian