Re: gEDA-user: TO-92 Best Practices

On Mar 1, 2010, at 7:19 PM, timecop wrote:

> Why woudl someone use to92 in 2010.

Up to now, it's been because I design soldering kits for beginners.  But from now on, I'll do it just to piss you off.

Why does Don use them?  I don't know.  Perhaps he has a low-noise JFET that doesn't come in SOT-23.   Or perhaps he's just checking to see whether the folks on this mailing list are helpful or are just a bunch of elitist assholes that give gEDA the wide install base that it has today.

Don-- I have a couple of footprints that work well, if you'd like them.  They've been tested by thousands of people.

-Windell