Re: gEDA-user: Looking for my first fab shop.

> Are there any fab shops that would be gentle with a very new, very
> inexperienced PCB designer? OH and reasonable for a prototype. Last time
> I laid up a board I used a drafting table and mylar. I may need a bit of
> handholding as I go along.

I had my OSDCU board fabbed at Sierra Circuits (protoexpress.com).  It
certainly ought to meet the "inexperienced first-timer" requirement, as
it was my life's first hardware design, and I am a software/firmware guy
who got into designing hardware because I wanted to play with toys that
didn't already exist because apparently they are of no use/interest to
anyone in the world but me.

I really liked Sierra's service and quality.  To get an idea of just
what I mean by "my life's first HW design", see this page:

http://ifctfvax.Harhan.ORG/OpenWAN/OSDCU/

Includes schematics, PCB prints and a high-resolution photo of the
finished board.

MS