Re: gEDA-user: Open Source mechanical CAD on the horizon

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 07:56:42PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> One of my long-term projects is to add layer types to layers, and
> allow for sub-circuits (i.e. elements).  Then we'd have a true paste
> layer, and you could define elements as complexly as you need.
>
> But it's been on the list for a long time, and hasn't happened yet :-(

Indeed, however how hard would it be to add a "nopaste" flag to a pad
to indicate that you don't want paste for this specific pad?

An example would be for very large pads, where you would want to define
a partially filled pad (a grid) later on the paste layer.

And while we are at it adding a paste shrink parameter for middle sized
pads, where you typically want a paste area somewhat smaller than the
pad itself.

	Gabriel