Re: gEDA-user: Toporouter update?

Anthony Blake wrote:

>>> greenlight   <-------------------------- Despite being the least
>>> "router-ish"
>>                                            of these names, I really like
>>                                            this one.
>
> Hmm.. me too..

I'd strongly suggest to invent a new word rather than take an existing
buzzword. The term "greenlight" currently yields 1.5 Mio google hits.
A greenlight router would be almost as invisible to internet searches
as pcb ;-)

> Since gEDA wasn't accepted into GSoC, I'm not going to be able to work
> on it as much as I would have liked unfortunately.. =(

So let's concentrate to the most blocking of all issues:
If I got it right, these are the inability to deal with preexisting tracks
and the missing way to confine the router to selected nets. If these issues
were solved, even the router would already be valuable as an abbreviation
during manual routing.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak