Re: gEDA-user: thermals on layer groups

     With my setting of having the polygons on an extra layer I'm not
     able to place thermals. When trying this, the command is simply
     ignored.

   The thermal tool places thermals to the active layer. You need to have
   the layer that the polygon is actually on as the active layer in order
   to place a thermal.The thermal is a feature of the polygon, not of the
   pin/via. If the command is being ignored, it is because the polygon is
   not on the actual layer (not just group) that is active for drawing.