Re: gEDA-user: gEDA/gaf release branch in git? mac build?

On Mar 30, 2010, at 2:49 PM, Dave N6NZ wrote:

Hi,

I'm about to attempt building gEDA/gaf on a Mac. My plan is to use the git repo. Two questions:

1. Is there a branch or tag or such for the "latest release"? I'd like to track that and not follow the development head for now.

2. Any special Mac build tricks I should know about? I use macports, not fink, and don't plan to use fink since macports and fink don't always get along. My naive plan is to simply chase all the dependancies away with macports until gEDA/gaf builds. Now would be a good time to stop me from doing something dumb.

sudo ports install gtk2 guile

Then build gaf from source, pretty easy

or sudo port install geda-gaf
It gets 1.6.0

:-)

PCB is a bit outdated in the ports system and there are two bugs reporting it out of date, but the macports team has not patched them yet......
Thanks,
  dave