Re: gEDA-user: automatic pon button

Hi,

I use this:

 http://www.robotika.sk/projects/virtuallab/atxswitch/images/ATXswitch.png

Richard Balogh

DÅa 10.3.2011 12:26, Karl Hammar  wrote / napÃsal(a):
Thanks for your quick answer and sorry for sending an half finished
mail.

Thomas:
In the BIOS, there is usually a "restore after power loss" option,

Yes, but not on this motherboard.

however if that doesn't work, I'd suggest a power on reset controller
connected to the power button. Here's one example, ...

There are already something similar in the atx supply.
If the motherboard has atx power connector the solution is simple, just
connect "PS_ON#" (pin 16) with ground (eg. pin 17). Doing that I get the
power supply to start. But in my case the motherboard has a single 12 V
connetor.

  You could connect this to the +5Vsb line and provide a power on
signal to the pin handling that on the switch connector.

I come up with http://turkos.aspodata.se/git/openhw/pon_switch/ which
seems to work.

Are there any better solutions?

Regards,