Re: gEDA-user: Measuring length of trace

   Hmm it's not working...
   I'm getting: Net length: 0.00 mils
   Even when hovering over the trace. I think the problem is it is
   including the pads and vias and getting confused, but I wouldn't know
   enough about pcb to know for certain.
   Can you see images over newsgroup? I've uploaded a screenshot here:
   [1]http://i53.tinypic.com/20tgtbl.png

   On 15 March 2011 22:12, DJ Delorie <[2]dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   > I'm trying to measure the length of some traces, so I can keep them
   > the same (for timing purposes.) I've heard of :report(netlength) but
   > that always gives me 0.00mm. What am I doing wrong, or is there
   > something else I should be doing?

     The crosshair has to be over the net you want measured.  The grid
     may
     interfere with this.
     I bind that action to the 'r' key in my ~/.pcb/pcb-menu.res
     (lesstif):
       {"Report net length" Report(NetLength) a={"R" "<Key>r"}}