Re: gEDA-user: Please test new grids for GTK PCB

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:16:08 +0100, Krzysztof KoÅciuszkiewicz wrote:

> 2011/3/10 jpka <jopka@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Great! Thank you :)
>> The last question is, when i find correct callback signature, passed
>> arguments absolutely cannot be modified in any way, including adding
>> random arguments, right?
>
> You can pass whatever you want (if it is known at callback registration
> time) as gpointer user_data. For example create a structure to hold
> pointers to everything you need in callback, then pass pointer to that
> structure as user_data. Of course the structure must not be allocated on
> stack.

So after some more retries and hair tearing, i understand that i
unfortunately can't write anything for GTK in C from scratch, because i
can't find any human-compatible logic in all information i read, in part
of writing callback procedures. :/
Well, negative result is also result.
I will continue my work of course, in all places when possible, but most
interesting (and most awaiting and welcomed) part, GUI writing, is weak
and incomplete in my implementation, sorry.
Thanks;)