Re: gEDA-user: Viewing .art files in gerbv?

Op zaterdag 26-03-2011 om 13:57 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Richard
Rasker:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a rather complex PCB design, based on a Freescale
> i.MX51 controller plus companion chip. I have the evaluation board
> from Freescale, and they also provided the design files, for reference
> purposes.
>
> Now I'd like to take a look at their Gerber files, but gerbv can't
> handle these files (with .art extension, probably from OrCAD). This is
> a bit odd, as the .art files have headers which define the format as
> Gerber RS274X, and the files' contents also look like very similar to
> the .gbr files I created with gEDA/PCB.

Two more important things:

- Changing the extensions .art to .gbr doesn't make any difference.
- Gerbv doesn't show anything when I drag the .art files to the script
link on a KDE desktop; when calling gerbv from the command line with
gerbv *.art, more happens, but I get the following error message for
every layer:

** (process:17375): CRITICAL **: Image rotation must be 0, 90, 180 or
270 (is actually 0)

gerbv now displays something, but it's an awful mess. Also, I'm still
unable to open the drill files (ncdrill-1-8.tap, and perhaps
ncroute.rou).

Thanks in advance,

With best regards,

Richard Rasker