Re: gEDA-user: Newbie questions - Icarus Verilog

Hi!

This is a late answer but today I've been looking into icarus verilog and and HDL etc and found a few interesting things for newbies:

There is a verilog mode for emacs at www.verilog.com, they'll send it by email.
There is an online verilog manual that I will look at again. It has a "worked example" - a multiplexer- which I should be able to follow since I've done that exact stuff last year in college. Anyway it's at www.ee.ed.ac.uk/~gerard/Teach/Verilog/manual/index.html
Then there is a very slow-loading page, you'll think your PC has crashed but just wait, at: www.sutherland-hdl.com/on-line_ref_guide/vlog_ref_top.html . It's called " online verilog HDL quick reference guide, based on the IEEE 1364 "
And a page with links: www.verilog.net/docs.html.

Also, if you download and install icarus verilog (I got the RPM), there's some /usr/share/doc/verilog with some .v and .vl files and one "show_vcd.vl" to view the waveform in GTKwave , which I'll try eventually.

...and typing "verilog" in google.

Best regards,
Charles

--

To converse at the distance of the Indes by means of sympathetic contrivances
may be as natural to future times as to us is a literary correspondence.

                        '''
                       (0 0)
           |http://www.demartigny.com|
                     |__|__|