gEDA-user: suitable gperf not found (icarus verilog)

[ Ales here, I'm reposting this since majordomo didn't recognize the
  e-mail as being subscribed to the geda-dev mailinglist. ]

-- Cut here --
From: "Santiago Remigio" <sremigio3752@hotmail.com>

Hello,

I have a question concerning the installation of icarus verilog. I have a
pentium II system and running redhat linux 7.2. Here's what I did after
downloading the files.

I went to directory where the verilog files located.

./configure --prefix=/home/remigio/geda

checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking for strip... strip
checking for gperf... no