Re: gEDA-user: What is the standard of gEDA tools and PCB

On Friday, May 16, 2003, at 02:31  AM, Stephen Meier wrote:

Terry Porter wrote:

I'm not a hacker tho I do low level C embedded stuff, but such a feature sounds quite complex to implement ? I see a situation with every track vying for the shortest distance!

Since we pay for our own development and make the cost back in sales.... any type of short makes me woried ;)
You should try DJ's trace optimizer to see what improvements PCB can handle-- since it works within the PCB framework (i.e. it manipulates standard traces and vias), you can always run the DRC routine to check the traces against the netlist. (The built-in DRC checks both clearances and minimum trace widths, IIRC).

--
Charles Lepple <clepple@ghz.cc>
http://www.ghz.cc/charles/