Re: gEDA-user: What is the standard of gEDA tools and PCB

--- John Griessen <john_g@cibolo.com> wrote:

> Which one do you want
> to be responsible for Chimin?  How about wx-python
> windowing
> environment, since it works in windows, Solaris,
> maybe even Mac OS...
> and our circuit design work environment is very much
> unix/windows so
> far.

Thanks, John, for your response.

I'm glad to see that PCB project gets into another run
of
development. I expressed my wish on PCB with eye on
getting more and more developers, and more and more
users.

Schematic capture and Layou are two major point tools
in
the PCB design flow. For gEDA project, they shoud
share
a common GUI environment from the user's point of
view.

Besides, PCB GUI seems written in Xt (correct me if
I'm
wrong). For most OpenSoftware developers, working with
some new technology may be the only motivation and
reward.

Chimin Yen