Re: gEDA-user: Icarus Verilog, convert_hex2ver and VPI

Good Morning, Stephen, how are you.

Dear Tony:
    I can see a bit of how 220model.v works and I have a couple of
suggestions for further understanding. First, the format of readmemh, if you
dont have it is:

@hex_address value

or

@hex_address value1 value2 value3 value4
@hex_address value5 value6 value7 value8

I suspect that hex2ver is just machinating the format of the bytes from its
C code to what makes verilog happy. You may not need to do this conversion
if you can express your ROM initialization directly. In other words, you may
not need hex2ver.

Secondly, I did a search on "LPM_ROM" with google and there are a number of
examples that come up, some from Altera, many from other places that if you
study, may help you understand how to get your simulation going.

Hope this helps you a bit.