gEDA-user: Tools used on various projects

Hello

I have been on 150th anniversary presentation of ETH Zurich technical
university and saw two different electronics projects - sparse matrix
3-phase 6.8kW power AC/AC converter and computer integrated into belt.

Asked them what tools they use. The converter used Protel and some
(to me previously unknown) commercial simulation tool. The belt computer
was using vector drawing program for backplane interconnection board
and Protel for the rest. For the simulation they said that Spice and
something else.

The converter used Lattice PLDs and Visual-something proprietary tool
from Lattice.

In the company I work here our EE department uses Eagle.

Hope it helps a tiny bit picturing the current tool usage landscape.

Cheers,

CL<