Re: gEDA-user: NC attribute

> Hello
>
> I need to draw NE592 symbol with NC pins, because connecting NC pins
> to ground is essential for high-frequency stability of the circuit
> (it works usually wrong without that). Therefore this connection must
> be indicated in the schematic.
>
> What pintype should I assign to them? passive or power? Or shouldn't
> there be another pintype=nc?
>
> CL<

The unused pin can be added to any net by adding
net=netname:pinx,piny,...
attribute to the symbol already placed on the schematic. This is like adding
power pins for digital ICs (74 series or so). See symbol creation guide for
details of syntax.
So there is no need to modify symbol itself.

Wojciech Kazubski