Re: gEDA-user: Interest in PCB footprint generation scripts?

I have found it easier to generate these footprints in groups. I
assign key-value pairs to
all symbols in the group using the KEY=VALUE syntax that you use. I
then create records
with symbol specifix parameters using a vertical-bar separated list. I
get the parameters for the individual symbols by column copying out of
the PDF datasheets.

I have some perl script examples at
http://www.luciani.org/geda/pcb/pcb-perl-library.html
For the example scripts contain the symbol data in the __DATA__
section. Normally
I would place the data in a separate file.

(* jcl *)