Re: gEDA-user: reflow oven

At 19:14 7-5-2006, you wrote:
Levente schrieb:
I use a PT100 sensor. If you have any idea on how to mount the sensore to reduce the "inertia"...please share. Currently it's mounted on a piece of PCB.

In the german "Elektor" magazine was a report how to build a Reflow-Oven from those "Mini-Pizza-Ovens" like this one: http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0009RLDZ0.03._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

They used a AT89C52.

They calculated the inertia "out".
Thats how they made it:
First they measured the steepness of the temperatur-rise from 50°C-100°C.
When the temperature reaches 100°C the heating is turned off. Then the temperature increases a few degrees (like it can be seen in your diagram). This is also measured (They called it "Overshoot")
Then the overshoot is divided by the steepness we measured before, and saved as a constant in the µC (I will call it coefficientT, they called it also Overshoot what is a little confusing).

The µC measures in operating mode every second the current steepness of the temperature-rise. This is multiplied with "coefficientT". Now you get the "guessed" overshoot. This value is subtracted from your destination temperature. Now the heating is turned off (or whatever) a little bit earlier, and you reach your destination temperatur very exactly. They specified a deviation of 1°C.

This is proportional-derivative control implemented by someone who hasn't heard of proportional-integral-derivative (PID) control. Google for an absolute flood of information.

http://lorien.ncl.ac.uk/ming/pid/PID.pdf

It is a technique that has been around for a while - the Ziegler-Nichols tuning technique for PID controllers refers to the paper they published in 1942.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen