Re: gEDA-user: Compiling Icarus Varilog

Mark Allyn wrote:
Hello:

I have been trying to compile the Icarus Varilog compiler
under G++ and GCC version 4.0.3 (on Ubuntu). I get lots
of errors almost immediately in the compile.

It seems that some of the basic constructs are violating
G++.

Has anyone been sucessful in compiling Icarus under the
GCC/G++ 4.0 regime?

Or should I be considering another GNU/Free varilog compiler?
Is Icarus still the standard in open source varilog?

Thank you

Mark Allyn

yesterdays icarus cvs version compiles fine on my breezy release. which seems to have gcc version 4.0.2 20050808

older releases compiled also.

john