gEDA-user: geda install SUSE 10.0

I am trying to install geda version 2006124.iso onto a SUSE 10.0
system. Even though I have installed gtk, gtk2 and wxgtk, the
installer says they are missing. So, it installs wxgtk but still
wants gtk. I tried to install the version of gtk that is on the
install disc but it wants XFREE86. SUSE doesn't use this program
for a whole number of reasons. I do have the SUSE substitute of
xorg-X11 series but geda doesn't seem to recognize any of these.
Other than using a different linux system, does anyone have
any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Gene