Re: gEDA-user: Formal Release dates

Thanks,
My Univ installs geda on our "remote" Solaris machines, which my student access with either cyg/win or xwin32. The IT dept only does updates when "school's out of session", ie, between semesters and summer break. Therefore it would be nice to get a new version around those times. This winter, you guys did a bang-up job hitting that by having such a good release at year-end. I was hoping to get a new release installed by those guys before end of summer. They won't do CVS releases.

Regards,
Kurt
------------------------------
Hi,

>>Just curious - I know you just had another code sprint / freedaug meeting; >>does that usual correspond with a formal code/version release? Is there a
>>set time table or metrics on when the suite will have a formal version
>upgrade?

	I want to do a gEDA/gaf release soon, but I would really like
to get the following last minute fixes/things into the next release:

* A fix for:
http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/Apr-2007/msg00358.html
make distcheck fails for gnetlist/tests/spice-sdb for some reason.
Worst case is that I disable this test for make check and fix it later.

* Not required, but it would be nice to get the wikified gsch2pcb tutorial
into the next release.

* Maybe a few more patches that have been submitted in the past few days
like the EPS or dialog positions, but only if they are finished now.

								-Ales