Re: gEDA-user: speaker source

On May 21, 2007, at 11:42 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:

Anyone know of a reasonable source of speakers?  I'm talking
individual units, not wall-mount modules.  Digikey and Mouser have a
limited selection, and Radio Shack seems to be out of the market for
those.  My google-fu was insufficient to find the components without
the plethora of pre-built units or motivational speakers.

I'm looking for something in the 1-10 watt range, that fits in a 1.8"
(46mm) wide slot, with reasonable low frequency response.  Only need a
pair.  I've got a pair of "notebook" speakers, but they sound really
tinny, so I'm trying to find something better.

Going to be hard to find something that small that doesn't sound tinny.

tubesandmore.com has a lot of speakers, but they're mostly large things for folks rebuilding old guitar amps. A few smaller critters hidden among the elephants.

alliedelec.com has some stuff, maybe one or two small enough for you (but I bet they're tinny).

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@noqsi.com