Re: gEDA-user: speaker source

On 5/21/07, DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> wrote:

Anyone know of a reasonable source of speakers?  I'm talking
individual units, not wall-mount modules.  Digikey and Mouser have a
limited selection, and Radio Shack seems to be out of the market for
those.  My google-fu was insufficient to find the components without
the plethora of pre-built units or motivational speakers.

I'm looking for something in the 1-10 watt range, that fits in a 1.8"
(46mm) wide slot, with reasonable low frequency response.  Only need a
pair.  I've got a pair of "notebook" speakers, but they sound really
tinny, so I'm trying to find something better.

(and yes, I know it's not my amp's design - I put my stereo's speakers
on it and they sound fine)

DJ

Parts Express has hi-fi and car audio-type speakers.

For low frequency response, the design of the enclosure matters more
than the choice of speaker.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail