Re: gEDA-user: Opensymbol library

http://freelabs.com/~whitis/opensymbol/#id2509420
> Due to poorly conceived standards, limitations of the gschem package
> itself, and GPL fanaticism, these symbols are not usable.
>
>       * GPL license prevents most commercial uses
[jg] LGPL is the license, right?

>       * Gschem schematic symbols are based on a preposterous 0.3" pin
>         spacing.

Oh, I wouldn't call it preposterous, but, yeah, I like smaller text and
spacings as a default... thus my jgboxsym script tweaked from djboxsym.

>       * gschem doesn't support pinswapping information,
Wart.

>       * gschem does not support demorgan equivalents.

[jg]Does he want negation bubble to mean a slice of an inverter package of 6?
There are so many possibilities here...

>       * gschem makes the user act as janitor

Well, maybe some of that could be encapsulated in symbols...
I think it's the light heavy debate though...

>       * Does not handle power pins properly.
[jg]Power pins seem a style point