Re: gEDA-user: symbol creation

On May 13, 2008, at 9:08 AM, Peter Clifton wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 06:39 -0700, Yanivh. wrote:
>> I have followed gEDA/gaf Symbol Creation Documents.
>> After saving the new symbol, when I wish to place it
>> in gschem, it is placed with the whole title-B area.
>> What did I missed?
>
> When you're creating a symbol, you need to delete the title block
> before
> you "symbol translate" and save.
>
> See the recent geda-user thread: "Removing default title box".
>

> (Ok guys, I can grant that "New->Symbol" might be a case where we
> don't
> want to include a title block).
>
> At the risk of taking this thread off-topic, what about this..
> "/usr/share/gEDA/default_page.sch" (and the various local overrides).

I like that a lot. Solves several problems with the current approach:
the default may differ between projects, and the current code doesn't
promote attributes.

> Make gschem File->New load that. It is more discoverable, as we could
> include a menu item "Page->Edit Default page" or some such.

But that gets you back to the same problem we have with symbols: when
you customize anything from the standard installation, you should be
working on a project-local copy, not the installation's copy.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx