Re: gEDA-user: Routing Rat lines - ?

> In my pcb layout, the 'auto-route' option replaces about half the
> rats lines by traces. Do I have to route all the other rats lines
> manually or is there any other smart option ? There are about 69
> rats lines remaining !

Yeah, that's what it means.  Usually, I do a test-run of the autorouter
to see how close my layout is to "routable".  If you're only getting
half the traces routed, here are some tips:

* if you have busses, route those manually.  PCB isn't smart about
  routing traces that all run together like that.

* rearrange your parts to leave more room for the autorouter.

* Make sure your DRC parameters and route style are set properly!
  Watch clearance, via sizes, etc.

* Try routing key traces first, then autoroute/undo to see if it helps.

Ultimately, your layout may require manual routing.