Re: gEDA-user: new to gEDA, diode trouble

Hi Mark,

On Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2008, Mark Lorenz wrote:
> This is my first attempt at gEDA, so please forgive my ignorance.
> I'm trying to model a Cockroft-Walton voltage multiplier
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockcroft-Walton_generator) as a simple
> first test circuit.  I had no problem using gschem to make the
> circuit schematic, but i run into problems with my ngSpice
> simulation.  It tells me:
>
> Error on line 12 : d4 4 higherout unknown
> unable to find definition of model unknown - default assumed

You've not added a diode model. Thus a simple diode model is used.

> I get similar error message for all 4 diodes.  The simulation results
> are unreasonable, so I don't think the "default" (what ever that my
> be) diode model is what I want.
>
> I have attached my netlist and schematic file.

In the schematic you should replace the buses with nets.
The bus does not connect your diodes as you'd expect (see your netlist).

Additionaly you don't have a net with the netname "0" in the netlist.
spice needs that reference net. You can add that with a GND symbol
(gnd-1.sym).

Regards
Werner